To support accelerated on-the-job learning opportunities for students or recent graduates from recognized post-secondary learning institutions that are considering a career in insurance. PBL has designed these internships to give practical work experience and insurance exposure to the brightest up-and-coming business professionals. Our IPIP is every insurance student or graduate’s greatest opportunity.
The Insurance Professional Internship Program (IPIP) is aimed at providing short-term (2-4 month) professional development employment opportunities in order to expose youth to the insurance industry. Interns acquire practical knowledge and experience through employment in one of PBL’s branches.
Types of Internships:
PBL’s core business is commercial insurance and naturally our Insurance Professional Internship Program places the highest priority on hiring interns with a career path focused on commercial insurance. We do not limit our hiring to commercial insurance interns because we have many other challenging career opportunities as well.
Intern opportunities vary each year and may include:
- Commercial Technical Support Representative (TSR)
- Marketing, Personal Lines or Group Benefits TSR
- Accounting or Human Resources Assistant
In addition to invaluable job experience, PBL’s IPIP offers the following benefits:
- Paid internships – our interns receive a competitive hourly pay for all hours worked.
- A robust on-boarding program, including training on our insurance related software (dept specific).
- Investment in your development through in-house, insurer provided or access to external provider training opportunities.
IPIP is our way of supporting our permanent hire processes.
We guarantee that any intern who exceeds our expectations will be given the first available oppurtunity for hire.
To find the right fit for our culture and our teams, interns must supply a detailed resume and cover letter demonstrating these qualifications:
Education and training:
- Details of the post-secondary institute and program currently enrolled in or recently graduated from
- Specifics on additional training and development
- Preference is given to those in business studies, notably insurance related programs
Prior work experience:
- Particulars of all your past employment
- Experience volunteering enhances an intern’s application
- Interest in insurance: A statement within your cover letter describing your insurance aspirations including your career path as you currently see it
All interns will be subject to PBL’s thorough recruiting processes, which include:
- Behavioral based interviewing
- Profile Assessments (for select positions)
- Past employment and/or character reference checks
Interested individuals are encouraged to apply directly to email@example.com quoting job #IPIP and the city you would like to intern in.
Prior interns and scholarship award winners are welcome to apply for the internship program. We see the importance and value of high-school student cooperative placements and will continue our support these programs however seperate they are from IPIP.